The summer is coming to a close and the kids are back in school, but that doesn’t mean that the fun has to stop!
Go on a Family Outing
Sitting at a desk all day creates built up energy that your kids will want to release, especially on the weekends. Take a family trip to the beach or to a local park for a few hours. Your kids will love it and who knows, they might even take an afternoon nap!
Eat Dinner at the Table
The start of school means the start of soccer practice, ballet, homework, and countless other activities. Many families have difficulty finding a time that everyone is home. Try to make dinner time together a priority this year. Even if you can only have a quick bite to eat, you can still be spending quality family time and making sure that everyone in the family is doing well.
Do a Project Together
Nothing starts the year off better than a small gift to a new teacher! Although apples are the traditional gift, flowers can be enjoyed longer and by the entire classroom. One of our favorites is the easy-to-make “Pencil Vase”.
- Empty Coffee Can or Plastic Container
- 1 or 2 package(s) of classic #2 pencils
- 2 rubber bands
- 1 piece of ribbon in any color
- To begin, you take the first rubber band and wrap it around your base.
- You fill in all the pencils by slipping them under the rubber band to secure them.
- When all pencils are filled in, you use the second rubber band for good measure to make sure that they stay in place.
- You tie a ribbon around the area where the rubber band is.
- Finally, head to Beneva Flowers and pick up some loose flowers to add to make it a finished beauty. Don’t forget to mention your school and give 5% of your purchase to them through our Helping Hands program.