All across the globe, friends, family members, and significant others are meeting at airports for a highly anticipated and well-overdue “hello,” hug, and time spent in each other’s company. Precious reunions and special moments like these deserve to be acknowledged and celebrated with cheerful, vibrant, and meaningful flowers. While there are numerous ways to convey your love, gratitude, friendship, and happiness, beautiful blooms have been a timeless and popular choice for decades. To help you decide on which “welcome flowers” to select, the experts here at Beneva Flowers, the best florist in Sarasota, are exploring the various symbolism behind some fan favorites.
Welcoming Loved Ones with Meaningful Flowers
Fresh Flowers for Friends
Giving fresh flowers as you greet your friends at the airport is a great way to greet them with happiness, joy, and bliss. As such, selecting an arrangement with blooms that represent these things and more, is ideal for a warm welcome. Take a look at some blooms that symbolize friendships.
- Alstroemeria – Friendship and Optimism
- Chrysanthemums – “You’re a wonderful friend”
- Geraniums – True Friendship
- Iris – “Your friendship means so much to me”
- Yellow Roses – Friendship and Joy
- Yellow Tulips – Friendship and Cheerfulness
- Zinnias – “Never forget absent friends”
Romantic Blooms for Significant Others
Reuniting with your significant other as they walk off an airplane ignites feelings of excitement, anticipation, and overwhelming joy. Sometimes we are left speechless or have a hard time saying just how much we have missed them and love them. In this case, a few of these blooms with thoughtful symbolism are sure to help you do the talking.
- Dahlia – Excitement and Lasting Bond
- Forget-Me-Not – “True love memories”
- Roses – Romance, Passion, and Love
- Honeysuckle – “The bond of love”
- Lavender – Enchantment, and Love at First Sight
- Pink Camellia – Longing and often given to those we miss
- Red Chrysanthemums – “I love you”
- Stocks – Bonds of Affection and Happy Life
Meaningful Petals for Family
Whether you are giving a family member a ride home or welcoming them from out of town, there are a variety of fragrant flowers that will warm their hearts. A vibrant “hello” that helps you express how much you love them, miss them, and are appreciative of their visit can be conveyed with these beauties.
- Hydrangea – Sincerely Heartfelt and Gratitude
- Orange Tulips – Warmth
- Peach Roses – Missing Someone
- Pink Carnations – Gratitude and a Mother’s Undying Love
Cheerful Flowers for Any Traveler/Visitor
While sometimes we get guests and visitors that simply make us happy, these popular blooms are the perfect greeting for just about anyone. Happiness, appreciation, joy, and welcome, are all accounted for among the symbolism of these fan-favorite florals. See which ones your out-of-town traveler might like best as you pick them up from the airport.
- Baby’s Breath – Happiness
- Calla Lilies – Rejuvenation, Classy Style, and Luxurious Appeal
- Gerbera Daisies – Cheerfulness and Loyal Love
- Pink Roses – Appreciation, Joy, and Gratitude
- Safflowers – Welcome
- Sunflowers – Happiness
- Sweet Pea – “Thank you,” Bliss, Pleasure, and a great way to bid someone “farewell” after a wonderful visit
- Wisteria – Welcome
- Yellow Lily – Gratitude
Related Meanings of Colors
While the type of flower carries beautiful symbolism, the color of a flower also helps to express a specific meaning. When you cannot decide which blooms are best for your airport greeting, consider selecting flowers based on their inspiring hues. You might even find your traveler’s favorite stems in the perfect color for the occasion.
- Light Pink – Admiration
- Peach – Gratitude
- Pink – Gratitude and Appreciation
- Red – Passion, Love, and Romance
- Yellow – Joy and Friendship
Greeting travelers with flowers at the airport is nothing new. In fact, visitors to the Hawaiian Islands were welcomed with the iconic lei in the 1800s, when they first began sailing to the islands by steamships. As a sign of respect, hospitality, and “aloha,” guests to the islands were met with strung blooms, nuts, and shells. This evolved into what is known today as the “authentic Hawaiian hello.” If you were to visit Hawaii today, you may also be warmly welcomed and greeted with your own lei at the airport or as you arrive at your hotel.
Allow the language of flowers to inspire you as you plan a warm welcome and reunite with family, friends, and loved ones at the airport. Beneva Flowers’ collection of welcoming floral arrangements is sure to be the perfect surprise for your guests.
Thoughts of You