Homecoming weekend is a special time of remembrance and new memories, of old friends and time-honored rivalries. From the football game to the homecoming court, from the pep rallies to the last romantic dance, flowers play an important role, and the team at Beneva Flowers is ready to make your weekend one to remember!
Why Homecoming? The first homecoming weekend is believed to have been at the University of Missouri in 1910. Facing their rivals in a big game, the athletic department wanted to fill the stands, and so invited alumni to “come home” for the game. Over 10,000 responded, and homecoming tradition was born.
Homecoming weekend will take place all over Sarasota at multiple schools, and is generally celebrated not only with football games, but also concerts, bonfires, pep rallies, the formal dance, and of course the crowning of the Homecoming King and Queen. And flowers will be everywhere you look! For instance:
* Senior members of the football team may honor their mothers with corsages during the Homecoming game.
* Alumni associations often buy flowers for veteran teachers and coaches,
* Alumni may choose to wear flowers and ribbons comprised of school colors.
* The homecoming court will generally receive corsages or bouquets at their ceremony.
* Homecoming flowers such as corsages and boutonnieres are traditionally given to one’s date for the dance.
Homecoming Flowers : When deciding on your corsage and boutonniere, start with the dress. The style (vintage, classic, or edgy) will be your first inspiration and will help to choose right variety of flower. When choosing colors, don’t feel that you need to match perfectly, in fact contrasting hues and variable shades can look quite striking. For a truly one-of-a-kind piece, just ask our designers for their recommendations. You’ll love the unique results, and you’ll you’ll make a beautiful fashion statement at the big dance.
In Sarasota, the only place to call for homecoming flowers, or bouquets and arrangements for any special occasion, is Beneva Flowers,