In order to bring awareness and attention to Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Beneva Flowers will be offering a special pink kalanchoe plant, hand-delivered locally for $20 on Tuesday, October 13. Orders must be placed by 3:00 p.m. (while supplies last).
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which is an annual international health campaign organized by major breast cancer charities to increase awareness of the disease and also to raise funds for research, prevention, treatment and cure. While most people are aware of breast cancer, many forget to take the steps to have a plan to detect the disease in its early stages and encourage others to do the same.
National Breast Cancer Awareness Month was founded in 1985 to promote mammography as the most effective weapon in the fight against the disease.
The pink ribbon is an international symbol of breast cancer awareness. It was first used in connection with breast cancer awareness in 1991 when the Susan G. Komen Foundation handed out pink ribbons to participants in its New York City race for breast cancer survivors. The pink ribbon was adopted as the official symbol the next year, in 1992.
Here are some facts about breast cancer and National Breast Cancer Awareness Month:
- Other than skin cancer, breast cancer is the most common kind of cancer in women. About 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer at some point.
- Early screening is vital because 80% of women diagnosed with breast cancer have no family history.
- A variety of events around the world are organized in October, including walks and runs, and the pink illumination of landmark buildings. The National Football League promotes breast cancer awareness by incorporating pink on and off the field.
- Each year in the United States, more than 200,000 women get breast cancer and more than 40,000 women die from the disease.
- Men also get breast cancer, but it is not very common. Less than 1% of breast cancers occur in men.
- Most breast cancers are found in women who are 50 years old or older, but breast cancer also affects younger women. About 11% of all new cases of breast cancer in the United States are found in women younger than 45 years of age.
The hottest tickets in town can be yours free by simply downloading floralapp and registering (keyword: Beneva) before 12:00 p.m. EDT on Friday, June 5. You can be there in person as the Tampa Bay Lightning host the Chicago Blackhawks in their quest to bring a second Stanley Cup to the Tampa Bay area.
The only other appearance for Lightning in the Stanley Cup finals happened in 2004 when they defeated the Calgary Flames for the lone championship in their 22-year history.
The winners will be announced via a floralapp notification on their mobile devices at 12:00 p.m. EDT on Friday, June 5. Customers who are already registered on Beneva’s floralapp are automatically entered in the drawing and do not need to take further action. Good Luck and Go Bolts!
Click on photo to order
We realize it is easy to let time slip away. Last-minute gifts are usually purchased out of necessity, and often fall short in portraying the heartfelt message the sender intends for the recipient.
Beneva Flowers understands how important it is to give mom that perfect gift for Mother’s Day, and we want your gift to be special – not whatever is left from a picked-over selection of flowers and gifts.
Today only, we are offering you a special gift for mom. Simply order a gift card of $50, $75, or $100, and we will deliver it to mom in time for Mother’s Day with a free bouquet of flowers for her to enjoy until she is able to use the gift card to pick out exactly what she wants.
Did you know that most people never purchase flowers for themselves? Not only will mom receive a complementary gift of fresh flowers to enjoy on Mother’s Day, she will also look forward to an exciting treat of choosing something special for herself on her next visit to Beneva!
Don’t stress out over last-minute shopping. You can give mom exactly what she wants this year. Order a gift card today and we will guarantee delivery in time for Mother’s Day along with a complementary bouquet of flowers as our gift to you.
Beneva Flowers is awarding eight lucky women a free bouquet of tulips in celebration of International Women’s Day with a special promotion called “Tweet for Tulips.”
Simply re-tweet our tweet: “Celebrate #WomensDay! RT for a chance to win Tulips for a woman you love, respect or admire. #Tweet4Tulips” beginning on Monday, March 2.
Drawings for the winners will be held every hour, on the hour, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST on Friday, March 6, 2015. Winners will be notified via their Twitter account, and prizes will be awarded in time for International Women’s Day on Sunday, March 8.
If you are out of our local area, we will have the tulips ready to be picked up at a local florist or you may choose optional delivery of just $9.95 to have them hand delivered!
Valentine’s Day has come and gone, but here at Beneva Flowers we’d like your flowers to still be around and enjoyed. Here are 8 easy tips to help ensure your flowers last…
1. Buy quality flowers: Here at Beneva Flowers we pride ourselves in buying the freshest and highest quality flowers possible. By starting with flowers that come from good stock you will know that they’ve been well taken care of from the time they were cut to the time you received them. Did you know that fresh cut flowers actually take up more warm water than cold?
2. Change out the water: Fresh flowers last longer if you change the water out every few days and will encourage them to bloom to their full potential. If the arrangement is too large to remove all the flowers try using a turkey baster to remove old water.
3. Re-cut the flower stems: When refreshing the water cut the stems at an angle with a knife or flower cutters. This allows the flowers to soak up more water resulting in perkier blooms.
4. Remove any wilted blooms: Have you ever noticed that if you have one rotting strawberry in a container the entire bunch seems to go bad overnight. The same thing happens with flowers. This chemical reaction emits ethylene gas, which will cause the others to wilt as well.
5. Keep the arrangement out of direct sunlight: Sunlight will draw the moisture out of the petals causing flowers to wilt faster.
6. Add a teaspoon of sugar: Just like the human body, plants take the sugar and convert it into energy allowing the plant to perk up and bloom correctly with more intense color.
7. Submerge wilted flowers: If any of your flowers have already begun to wilt after cutting the stem submerge the entire thing in a sink or basin. This will perk your flower right up after an hour long soak.
8. Buy $20 Tuesday rose bouquets from us: This month only we are offering arrangements of mixed flowers including roses, so you can feel the love all month long! Call customer service to place your order 941-308-3130.
We want to THANK YOU for choosing us as your florist and hope these tips allow you to enjoy your Valentine flowers be they tulips or roses.
Zen is the art of reflection and meditation. These striking cymbidium orchid designs are simplicity perfected. Click here to Send someone the “Smiling Orchid” today and we will double your reward points as well as send you a $20 gift card with any puchase through Friday Feb 19th when you use code GC20 at checkout! “Limit one per customer”
Don’t forget Dad this Sunday, June 21st. We have a wide variety of items to honor Dad. Whether it’s a big league bouquet, a personally autographed sports collectible or a lobster dinner! At Beneva Flowers we have something for every Dad.